Ting Reduces Its Data Prices
Ting has lowered the rates of its monthly data blocks, which means that customers of the carrier get to enjoy the same quantity of data gigabytes as before, but for a lesser price this time (see summary below). The changes to its pricing structure should come as welcome news to customers of Ting, especially those with more than average data requirements. Under the new pricing for instance, customers who have availed of a typical 2 gigabyte plan can enjoy savings of $9 or more every month.
For now, pricing for voice calls and text messaging will stay the same, although data prices are lowered. The same goes for line fees which will remain unchanged, meaning mobile users can expect to pay a base rate of $6 for each mobile device, every month, no matter how many voice call minutes, text messages, or data they consume.
The changes to the pricing are outlined below:
- Small: Up to 100 megabytes of data usage, priced at $3 a month (price same as before)
- Medium: Up to 500 megabytes of data usage, now priced at $10 a month, reduced from the previous price of $12 a month
- Large: Up to 1 gigabyte of data usage, now priced at $16 a month, reduced from the previous price of $19 a month
- Extra Large: Up to 2 gigabytes of data usage, now priced at $20 a month, reduced from the previous price of $29 a month
- Extra Large+: 2 gigabytes or more of data usage, now priced at $10 a gigabyte, reduced from the previous price of $15 a gigabyte
What sets Ting apart from other mobile service operators out there is that it lets its customers choose their own blocks of voice calls, text messages, and data megabytes or gigabytes, with users never having to worry about paying any unnecessary additional charges. What happens is that customers will be billed only for the exact quantity of voice call minutes, text messages, and megabytes of data they eat up on a monthly basis.
Because of the flexibility it provides for all kinds of users, Ting has captured the attention of customers, especially those who do not need unlimited inclusions, or who have fluctuating usage levels every month, or those who have very specific usage profiles, e.g. data use only, not so much with voice calls or text messaging.
For example, a user who can do away with unlimited voice calls or data can expect to pay about $43 a month for their Ting plan. The $43 a month costing can be broken down as follows: $6 for the line fees, $9 for 500 voice call minutes, $8 for 2,000 text messages, and $20 for a couple of gigabytes of data.
Want to explore other Ting deals? You can browse more plans and phones from Ting at MyRatePlan today.