Virgin Mobile Overhauls Monthly Unlimited Plans
Without much fanfare, Sprint mobile virtual network operator Virgin Mobile is recently overhauling its monthly unlimited plans, offering new options for its subscribers, especially with regards to unlimited text messaging and international rates.
With this overhaul, Virgin Mobile is now offering no less than five monthly plans for smartphones, with rates starting as low as $20.00 every month. These plans are:
- WiFi Lovers Delight -- $20.00 every month. Inclusions: 300 minutes of calls, unlimited text messaging, and data through WiFi only
- Unlimited Your Way (Option 1) -- $35.00 every month. Inclusions: unlimited calls, unlimited text messaging, and unlimited data (250 megabytes high-speed)
- Unlimited Your Way (Option 2) -- $35.00 every month. Inclusions: 300 minutes of calls, unlimited text messaging, and unlimited data (2.5 gigabytes high-speed)
- Unlimited Everything + International -- $45.00 every month. Inclusions: unlimited calls and text messaging, unlimited data (1 gigabyte high-speed), unlimited international text messaging, and 100 international minutes
- Unlimited + International + Extra-- $55.00 every month. Inclusions: unlimited calls and text messaging, unlimited data (3 gigabytes high-speed), unlimited international text messaging, and 100 international minutes
Subscribers can also avail of any of two new international packs as add-ons to the monthly plan they sign up for. By paying an additional $5.00 every month, subscribers will get unlimited calls to any landline or cell phone line in Canada, unlimited calls to any landline in Mexico, and unlimited text messaging to any country. If subscribers are willing to pay an extra $10.00 every month, they can enjoy the same inclusions as the $5 option mentioned earlier, plus unlimited calls to any cell phone in Mexico, unlimited calls to selected cities in more than 70 countries, and discounted call rates to more than 200 countries.
It should be noted that these overhauled monthly plans are separate from Virgin Custom prepaid brand, which Virgin Mobile introduced back in August earlier this year. As its name implies, Virgin Custom allows users to tailor the inclusions of their plans (call minutes, data usage) according to their preferences or needs. With the launch of Virgin Custom, it effectively replaces Zact Mobile, which went defunct in July this year. The prepaid brand is available exclusively at all Walmart branches.
Aside from the monthly plan overhaul, Virgin Mobile is also launching the LG Tribute smartphone. Priced at $79.99 (off-contract), the 4G LTE-compatible device comes with a 4.5-inch display screen, a 5-megapixel rear camera, a 1.2 GigaHertz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 4 gigabytes of internal storage, 1 gigabyte of random access memory (RAM), and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.