Menu Menu

Survey Reveals People Want More Emojis To Choose From

Survey Reveals People Want More Emojis To Choose From

Emojis are fun. They are a really cool way you can express yourself and let the other person you are talking to know that you have a fun personality. A couple of years ago, Swyft Media reported that around 6 billion emojis are sent out on a daily scale. Perhaps this is a big reason why developers are always taking time to release a new set of icons for users to enjoy. 

 

Proving true to this belief, MoJiLaLa recently conducted a survey wherein majority of the respondents said they love using emojis. They also said that if more emojis were available, they would be more inclined to using them. The 2017 State of Emoji National Survey collected data from 1,000 Americans. 

 

36 percent of the respondents said they wanted to have a wider selection of emojis. Another 21 percent wished they had breaking news emojis for politics and sports. Surprisingly, only 13 percent responded that they wanted to see more racially diverse emojis. 

 

Out of the total respondents, 86 percent regularly use emojis -- most of which were millennials between the ages of 18 and 34. The survey also showed that women were more likely to use emojis compared to men. 29 percent responded that they prefer government officials to avoid using emojis. The other 71 percent, however, said that it is fine and dandy. The survey also revealed that 19 percent of the respondents were willing to pay to have access to unlimited emojis. There were also those who thought there were not enough sexy emojis available. 

 

In other news, if you are a student between the ages of 18 and 24, you might want to join a competition hosted by Disney. If you can create a Disney character emoji, you might want to send it in for a chance to be one of the winners of a trip to its Disney Interactive Studio in Los Angeles along with a 12 month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. 

 

According to the rules of the contest, you need to create an emoji based on a Disney character that expresses one of five emotions -- happiness, sadness, fear, excitement, or confusion. The emoji should not be an animated image and should not show any rudeness. 

 

If you would like to this contest, you may enter through this link.

 

For other emoji related posts, refer to this list:

Section: